I thought about copying what I wrote on the front page of my website but that would be cheating. I set this blog up so that I could have somewhere to post about my trip to America in 2008. I decided to keep it and have been updating it by posting the occasional photo as well as rambling about whatever is on my mind that I want to share.
Just to pad things out – 18 random questions…
1. Do you know how to play poker?
2. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
A combination of the Apple Store and my comic book and bike shops. And I’d be looking at buying some flights.
3. What do you carry with you at all times?
If I have my backpack: iPod, headphones, wallet, keys, journal, security pass for work, mobile phone, pen, pencil, lip gloss, hand cream, two USB flash drives, sunglasses, mints and an umbrella.
4. What’s your current obsession?
I have two obsessions at the moment – cycling and comic books. I collect comic book art and have invested in a new bike last year so now I have two, one for commuting and a really good one simply for the joy of having a great bike to ride when I’m out with my cycling peeps. I was hoping to find a cycling jersey with Batman on it but I’ve had no luck as yet. Both of these obsessions are extremely detrimental to my bank account. But hey, whatever makes you happy right?
5. Favourite fabric?
6. Do you get along with most girls?
A lot of girls perplex me and I’m sure I puzzle them. They’re into things I don’t understand like shoes, handbags and make-up. I must’ve been away the day those obsessions were handed out. That or I was in the wrong line.
7. Do you consider yourself materialistic?
I like having nice things, so I suppose I am. But I’m aware that it’s just stuff.
8. What kind of books do you like to read?
All sorts. I like to read broadly, all sorts of subjects and genres interest me.
9. How do you like your steak?
Medium rare. I like it seared on the outside and pink in the middle. Not a fan of when it’s still mooing.
10. You’re organising a dinner party. What five fictional characters would you bring to life and invite?
Oliver Queen (Green Arrow), Selina Kyle (Catwoman), Doctor Who (the David Tennant one), Dick Grayson (original Robin/Nightwing/now Batman) and Matt Murdock (Daredevil).
11. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
San Francisco or Seattle. If someone could arrange for me to live in either city and pay all my bills, I’d be one happy camper.
12. What foods do you dislike?
I absolutely loathe all beans. When I’m at my parents’ house, my mum doesn’t put any beans on my plate at dinner time because she knows I won’t eat them. I also dislike broccoli. It’s a texture thing. I’m fairly certain I don’t mind the taste.
13. What are five things you can’t live without?
The written word, my bikes, internet, sleep, my sense of self.
14. Do you believe in the afterlife?
I’ll find out when I get there.
15. Where would you retire to?
Somewhere I can take loads of photos, ride my bike and maybe write that novel I keep saying I want to write.
16. How did you get one of your scars?
I have a lovely scar on my arm from having a mole removed about ten years ago. I thought the mole looked a bit funny, being two colours, so I showed it to my mum who insisted I go to the doctor. Turns out it was pre-cancerous and if it’d been left, it probably would’ve developed into a melanoma. And I probably wouldn’t be here right now.
17. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
The ability to fly. That’d be cool.
18. What is your dream job regardless of talent or ability?
Comic book writer and/or artist.