My car is all fixed!
They even washed it for me so it’s all shiny.
I’m very pleased to know it’s fixed. My insurance company was so easy to work with. I did all the things they asked and they got it fixed super quick. No hassle at all. However, I don’t think it hurt at all that my dad knows the owner of the repair shop it got taken to.
I’m home, obviously…
We had to get up obscenely early to get the airport – as in 3am early. Bleugh. Definitely not a fan of early flights. Still the airport was busier than I thought it would be and it took us nearly half an hour to check in. Kim and I cut it extremely fine. We got to the front of the line at 5.30 which should’ve been the 90 minute cut-off. However, it apparently worked in our favour as we ended up sitting in premium economy. There really is more legroom!
As usual, Melbourne Airport turned on all its charms and made us wait about half an hour for our bags. For whatever reason, three luggage containers got left on the plane so we waited. And waited. And waited. Then we got the slowest taxi driver in Melbourne who just wouldn’t do the speed limit. He consistently sat 10ks under the limit and I wanted to strangle him.
Still, nice to be home. Being in my own bed was wonderful as was the first decent shower in a week. It was very weird to come home to a 30°C day when just a few days ago we’d been all rugged up for the snow.
So… things I learnt on this trip.
- I can’t ski. But I haven’t spent enough time doing it to totally dismiss it as an activity.
- New Zealand wines are great but their beer is apparently meh.
- Sliding down small snow covered slopes is awesome.
- The water in Methven makes me feel decidedly ill – too much chlorine.
- Single beds suck.
- A decent shower is a blessing.
- New Zealand really is a remarkably beautiful place.
- Jet-boating is awesome fun.
- As is a scenic helicopter flight.
- I can still scream.
- There really are a lot of sheep in New Zealand.
- Seeing rugby pitches everywhere fills me with joy.
- The guy who works at the ski shop was really cute.
- I missed my bike.
- Sharing a hotel suite with three people who cough all the time is extremely irritating.
- I like snow.
- Automatic Ford Mondeos are shit to drive.